- Detail Images
King of the hill.
- Boa Constrictor closure system secures your foot hold without making it feel clamped by using overlaying straps that provide even, consistent pressure
- Welded Toe Cap does away with conventional stitching and constructs the toe cap to withstand abuse for seasons to come
- Premium full-grain leather continually molds to the rider's foot and is impregnated with silicone to last longer than synthetic materials
- Alpha liner features a leather collar for shape retention, and anatomical J-Bars for ankle hold
- AeroTech ventilation system breathes easy when you're heating up with vents in the liner and the shell to send moisture packing
- UniLite outsole absorbs more shock, provides more traction, and wears less while using less material
- Snow Performance with Impact G footbed provides the cushion needed for stomping the biggest features
- Aegis antimicrobial treatment in the liner fights foot funk
Share your thoughts
Love these boots!!! These are by far the best snowboarding boots I have ever owned. They run true to size and not a wide a bulky as other boots. I was able to board with these boots with out any discomfort (hot spots). A bit pricey but in my opinion it's way better to spend the extra money on a good pair of boots.
A couple quick questions on the 2012 Status:...
A couple quick questions on the 2012 Status: 1) Any comments on the width of the boot? I've heard DC boots tend to run wide.. 2) Being that the boot/binding integration is key to a good ride - does anyone have advice as to which brand of binding fits these boots well?
These will really fit any binding out there perfectly fine. I would say that they fit Burton bindings with the cap strap really well as the toe box in this boot is beefier. Hope this helps.
I wear a size 10 in DC shoes and I heard...
I wear a size 10 in DC shoes and I heard that these boots run a bit small but I also heard that these boots are a perfect fit. Not sure what size I need to get these boots in.
If I were you I'd go with the 10. I've had several DC boots including these and they all fit the same.
Let me start this review out by saying that I have a very narrow ankle. I've ridden burton Ions for the last 6 years going through about 1 pair per season. I felt they were too expensive for how fast they were getting destroyed so I tried the DC Status
I bought the status and they fit great initially, however after 6 days on them I had completely collapsed the ankle and foot box and maxed out the ability of the lower Boa system to tighten causing a very noticeable hard spot rubbing against my outer ankle bone.
They were returned...
I am now riding the Nike Kaiju and they've held up for 12 days of riding and feel good with little heel lift, stiff ankle support, and no noticable hard contact points.
Watch out for wire snagging on tongue
Just a heads up for anyone that purchases these boots. I wore last season's Status and they had the same problem. The plate on the tongue causes the BOA wire to snag on it, preventing the boot from tightening all the way. It looks like they did not fix this issue as the product photos above show it snagging on the tongue (compare the black/black pictures to the other colorways).
Are these good for all mountain?
Are these good for all mountain?
Pretty much are they good for using the mountain as a park?
Just got my pair. They run true to regular shoe size, I don't know why other reviews say they don't. They are stiff as sh*t. I haven't been on the hill yet and I can already tell how much more responsive these boots are just by buttering around in my living room.
Once I really ride in these I'll come back with a performance review.
Buy 1 size larger than normal
These boots run small, I ordered one full size larger than normal and they fit perfectly.
As for the boot itself, it is well designed, very stiff, and perfect for wide feet. I have ridden dual BOA boots over the past 4 years from DC, Vans and ThirtyTwo and the Status seems to be the best built boot i have seen so far.
I have not tested them on snow yet, just wanted to get the sizing review out there so people don't buy the wrong size.