The sock that improves the hike AND the trail.
Get the sock that gives back for a little karmatic 'trail magic' on your next hike. 5% of the sales of the Darn Tough Merino Wool ATC Micro Crew Cushion Hiking Sock goes to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy for outdoor educational programs and trail maintenance. You'll be glad you did. The comfortable merino wool and spandex construction of the ATC Sock wicks moisture and absorbs shock to keep you comfortable and fight fatigue, and the nylon keeps the ATC super-durable. Merino's odor-fighting properties make you a little more bearable to be around, especially after a long, grueling hike.
- 5% of the sales of this sock goes to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy's outdoor educational programs and AT maintenance
- Merino wool wicks moisture and fights odor
- Durable nylon for long sock life
- Spandex for comfort and unlimited range of motion
- Strategically-placed cushioned areas absorb shock to relieve fatigue
Share your thoughts
This product is on Community Member Ryan Conklin's list of 7 MUST HAVE items for a thru-hike on the Appalachian Trail. Read the EXPLORE article about his trek here:
Warm and Durable
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I bought two pairs of these to use in my upcoming Appalachian Trail thru hike in '14. In the meantime have been wearing them while breaking in the pair of Merrells that I plan on starting the trail with. I often lose socks to my treadmill, but these look as good as the day I unboxed them. They feel absolutely fantastic, and they don't stink!
Cons: I should have bought more; I hate taking them off; my cotton socks are angry with me.
No really, Darn Tough
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These socks, like all Darn Tough socks, are probably the most durable socks on the planet. They are super comfortable and do indeed wick moisture extremely well. Plus, you are helping to keep the Appalachian Trail in good shape when you buy this sock!