- Detail Images
With the all-day comfort of a clog in the form of a feminine strappy shoe, the Dansko Women's Jute Maryjane Clog combines classy style and durable support. A full-grain leather upper and jute-wrapped bottom can go from a picnic in the park to an uptown dinner. And the roomy toe box, rocker sole, and Dansko's legendary wearability allows for nonstop fun.
- Durable full-grain leather strappy upper with protective heel counter wears well and feels fabulous
- Ankle strap adjusts for secure fit
- Polypropylene inner frame midsole provides all-day, natural-feeling position and support
- Cushiony single-density open-cell polyurethane foam insole helps absorb shock
- Soft, synthetic microfiber lining helps control moisture and feels fabulous next to skin
- Roomy, reinforced toe box gives you plenty of wiggle room for a natural spread and ensures against toe-crunch
- Soft, padded instep prevents hot spots and cuts for pain-free movable comfort
- Natural jute-wrapped bottom adds earthy, summery style
- Rocker bottom makes every step a breeze, so you can go longer and stronger than before
- Polyurethane outsole grips for sure-footedness and efficiency and absorbs shock for ultimate comfort
- Anti-skid tread on heel gives good purchase on slick surface
Share your thoughts
Sizing not accurate
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
This shoe/ clog size is listed at 42=US 11.5-12, which is really not accurate. I wear an 11.5 (which is an almost impossible size to get) so was happy to be offered this shoe in what seemed to be my size. Except that it isn't. I suspect this 42 is barely an 11. It was too short, hitting on my big toe in front and scraping my heel behind. It doesn't apparently come in a real 11.5 or a 12, so I'm out of luck. I've noticed before that retailers often fudge the difference between Euro & US sizes at the high end, just, I suppose, to have something to offer their taller customers.
The width, manufacture, etc. was fine. Dansko tends to make a rigid, inflexible shoe, and that's certainly true of this one. It's a clog of course, but I've seen the same thing in Dansko's sandals, which should be bendier. I am returning this.
Mom's Go-To Shoes
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I got these for my mom as Danskos are her go-to shoes & these have not disappointed her whatsoever. She said they fit like the classics & the craftsmanship is superb.
She's a marathoner & teacher, so keeping her feet happy is priority #1! So happy to have found her a winner!
Loose Ankle Strap
I only own two pairs of Dansko shoes, both Mary Jane style. I really liked the range of adjustment on my other pair (Valerie Canvas Clog), but was a little disappointed with the range of adjustment on this pair (the Jute Maryjane Clog). While the ankle strap is adjustable, as stated in the description, there is only about an inch of velcro on the side attached to the side of the heel, and the default ankle strap size (where the velcro on the strap and the velcro on the heel line up perfectly) is very, very loose. If I was to tighten the ankle strap to where it's most comfortable for me (like the same level of snugness as I wear the Valerie Canvas Clog) the velcro on the heel and the strap would only overlap by about 1/3 -1/4".
Personally, although the velcro isn't weak, this doesn't quite feel secure to me. So I keep the ankle strap loose so that there's about 1/2"of overlapping velcro to secure it, but this (along with the roomy toe box) allows the shoe to drop off the sole of my foot when I walk (so for now I make a clomping noise when ever I walk, especially up stairs). I do like the shoes though because they're perfect for me to wear to work and hope this is something I'll just get used to (or they'll fit snugger as my feet swell in the 120 degree summer here in the southern California desert).
A lot of companies seem to exclude full-price Dansko shoes from promotional offers, but currently Backcountry doesn't, and I will be keeping that in mind for the future. I bought mine for full price and was a little disappointed that there was a 20% off coupon here a week later that I could have used if I would have just waited to buy them (I was told no price adjustment is possible).