A 15-liter sidecountry cover backpack for your ABS Avalanche Vario Base Unit (sold separately).
The Dakine ABS Vario 15L Cover Backpack attached to your airbag base unit carries all your backcountry safety tools and snowboard or skis when you venture out into pristine sidecountry terrain. Designed to integrate with the ABS Avalanche Vario Base Unit (sold separately), the 15L Cover Backpack features a snow tool/shovel pocket, an ice axe carry, retractable cable ski carry for holding your skis diagonally, and straps that hold your snowboard vertically.
- Designed to integrate with the ABS Vario Base Unit (sold separately), an airbag unit that can be deployed in case of an avalanche and help your chances of survival by helping to keep you on top of snow debris
- Base Unit's unique YKK zipper system allows you to easily attach the Cover to the Base Unit in mere seconds and enables you to swap out other size Covers (sold separately) that supply more or less room depending on your touring needs
- 15-liter cover has enough room for your avy gear, goggles, skins, snacks, and other small essentials when you venture out your resort's sidecountry gates or enjoy short snowmobile laps in the backcountry
- Top entry provides easy access to your gear, while a snow tool/shovel pocket located in the front of the pack holds your avy gear
- 630D nylon and 1260D ballistic nylon fabrics provide solid durability and abrasion resistance while you work for your turns
- Retractable cable ski carry for convenience
- ABS 15L allows you to carry your skis diagonally or carry your snowboard vertically
- Ice axe carry stashes your ice axe and makes it easily accessible
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have the the medium 25 Liter version vs. the 15 Liter version here, but this a smaller version ABS cover I have & this way worth it. If you compare it to the ABS Vario 15L, it is way better. Another cover to check out is the euro company Arva (a little more inexpensive vs. this cover) cover as well, that just made the jump to North America in the last year.
I have a DaKine cover for everyday use, every little thing was really thought out & built the way it should be.