- Community Images
A 25-liter cover that secures to the ABS Avalanche Vario Base Unit (sold separately) and carries your backcountry safety tools and gear.
After you've checked the avy report for stable conditions, escape the crowds and venture out into the backcountry with the Dakine ABS Vario Cover Backpack attached to your airbag base unit. This durable Cover works in conjunction with the ABS Avalanche Vario Base Unit (sold separately) and easily and securely zips onto the Base Unit with the help of the Base Unit's unique YKK zipper system. Thanks to the Cover's 25-liter size you have more than enough room for all of your avy gear, snacks, spare gloves and goggles, puffy, and other small essentials for a short backcountry tour before or after work.
- Designed to integrate with the ABS Vario Base Unit (sold separately), an airbag unit that can be deployed in case of an avalanche and help your chances of survival by helping to keep you on top of snow debris
- Base Unit's unique YKK zipper system allows you to easily attach the Cover to the Base Unit in mere seconds and enables you to swap out other size Covers (sold separately) that supply more or less room depending on your touring needs
- 25-liter cover features plenty of room for food, spare goggles, your down puffy, first aid kit, skins, and other essentials during a short backcountry tour before or after work
- Top entry provides easy access to your gear, while a snow tool/shovel pocket located in the front of the pack holds your avy gear
- 630D nylon and 1260D ballistic nylon fabrics provide solid durability and abrasion resistance while you work for your turns
- Retractable cable ski carry for convenience
- ABS 25L allows you to carry your skis diagonally or carry your snowboard vertically
- Deployable helmet carry keeps your helmet out of the way and secure
- Ice axe loop stashes your ice axe and makes it easily accessible
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there