Select your style & size:Select options
It’s a jungle out there -- train safe.
Logging hours during the winter is key to starting your spring riding season off on the right foot, but we forgive you if you don’t want to deal with slushy roads and less than favorable weather. If you’d prefer to log those base miles indoors, the CycleOps Mag Trainer lets you do just that. To tailor your training, you get five different resistance settings, which span the gap between an easy spin, and high-resistance hill climb simulator. When spring rolls around, your friends won’t know what hit ‘em.
The classic series Mag frame supports the magnetic flywheel from which the Mag derives its name. It provides linear resistance, or in other words, unlike a fluid trainer, the resistance doesn’t increase as your wheel travels faster. As you’d expect with a quality mag trainer, it gives you the option of five levels of resistance. That means that you can go between low-impact base miles and high intensity training without an issue.
The CycleOps Mag Trainer is available in one size, and in one color.
- Item #COP001N
- Q & A
Just in case you're wondering...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Magnetic resistance unit provides a quiet and frictionless ride.
- Linear resistance boosts workout intensity to match each pedal stroke and gear click.
- Mag+ comes with convenient, adjustable handlebar- mounted shifter.
- Noise level at 20 mph is 70-74 decibels.
- Eccentric leveling feet allow for easy adjustment on uneven surfaces.
- Precision-machined alloy roller reduces tire wear and slippage.
- Comes on the CycleOps foldable Classic frame with spring loaded, bolt-action lever.
- Adjust tire fit to resistant unit with a convenient turn knob.
- 2" resistance unit roller allows for 650b, 700c, 26", 27" and 29" wheel sizes.
- This trainer is designed to fit common road and mountain bike frames with included steel quick release skewer and has three settings for rear dropout spacing: 120mm, 130mm and 135mm.