Beat the cabin-fever blues.
- Single Pull Loop binding envelops the entire foot for a stable, secure feel and cinches down easily with (you guessed it) a single pull
- Polymer gel straps will not freeze, stretch, or come out of adjustment
- Platform includes TIG–welded aircraft-grade aluminum and PVC-free PU that is lightweight and durable
- Teardrop shape lets you walk with a natural stride without waddling to avoid stepping on the other shoe
- Ideal for a person plus gear totaling 100-195 pounds
- Made in Boulder, CO with as many recycled materials as possible in a wind-powered facility
Share your thoughts
Crescent Moon Gold 9
I have been using the Crescent Moon Gold series snowshoes for 7 years now. I've used the 9,10, and 15 shoes at different times. Having also used several snowshoes from Redfeather & MSR, I can say that for all-around snowshoeing, the Crescent Moon Gold series is the best. The bindings are extremely easy to use and don't need re-adjusting as long as you set them up right the first time. The teardrop shape makes them easy to hike in without stepping on yourself, which has always been as issue with the standard elliptical-shape snowshoes. Also, the three part crampons do a nice job of giving you a little extra traction on toe-off that you're not going to fine anywhere else.
The only thing that I would like to see on these shoes is a heel lifter a la MSR & Atlas. Something to take the burn out of one's calves on those long, steep ascents. Otherwise, I have never used a better snowshoe!
The Golds are among the more expensive snowshoes, but they are totally worth it, from an ease-of-use standpoint alone. The way I see it, if something is super simple, the more likely you are to go out and use it!