Get serious float and heavy grip without heavy weight.
- Single Pull Loop binding envelops the entire foot for a stable, secure feel and cinches down easily with (you guessed it) a single pull
- Polymer gel straps will not freeze, stretch, or come out of adjustment
- Stainless steel three-claw crampon underfoot incorporates a toe claw and extra traversing claws for traction in all directions, even on steep or sideways slopes
- Platform includes TIG–welded aircraft-grade aluminum and PVC-free PU that is lightweight and durable
- Will accommodate a person plus gear up to 300 pounds
- Made in Boulder, CO with as many recycled materials as possible in a wind-powered facility
Share your thoughts
Crescent Moon 17 Gold Expedition
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is my first ever snowshoe and I am really happy with how easy it is to setup the bindings and how secure it feels on my boots. Once on the crampons bite in very well for a nice slide free step. Im working in Yellowstone National Park all winter and will put these snowshoes through there paces!
Im also impressed with Backcountry.com's fast shipping.
crescent moon 17 gold expedition
I will give this snowshoe a 5 star rating. I am impressed with the binding and overall quality of this product. It is also worth mentioning that they are made in the United States and they have a life time warranty. I like the way they track in the snow and I can slip them off or on very easily with this binding. I own several pairs of winter boots and they quickly adjust to any boot I happen to be wearing at the time. I have always used wooden snowshoes but I have to say that these are more comfortable and they hold me up in deep snow as well as my 10x56 inch shoes.
Is there a carrying bag for Crescent Moon...
Is there a carrying bag for Crescent Moon 17 snowshoes?
I bought my snowshoes from back country. com and I did not get a bag with this price. I do believe they are available.
I bought my wife crescent moon gold 15's and she got a bag with hers. However I found the best deal for her's from Mountain Plus.
What are the actual dimensions of these...
What are the actual dimensions of these snowshoes?
Drew, per the product info section and the product website they are 10 inches wide and 37 inches long.