After all, trophies glisten in the sun, too.
- 580 Polycarbonate lens blocks yellow while boosting red and green light—clarity close to that of glass but with more durability
- C-Wall molecular-bonded coating repels water, oil, and dust, and resists scratching
- Polarized lenses drastically reduce glare and provide 100-percent UV protection
- Low-profile stainless steel hinges resist corrosion and keep their shape with heavy use
- Durable, lightweight nylon frame resists breakage
Share your thoughts
Nice glasses, poor customer service
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I bought a pair of Costas from a vendor in Florida while on vacation. I had to order the specific lens/frame combo, and they arrived after a week or two. I loved the style and the lens quality, but the frame was constructed improperly, with one arm noticeably higher than the other. I called Costa, and they recommended I send the glasses back to the store where I purchased them in order to avoid paying the warranty. The store, of course, wanted to pass off the costs of shipping back to Costa... then back to the store... then back to me. I had already paid once to ship the defective pair of glasses and Costa should have done the right thing and sent a new pair of glasses to me with receipt of the defective pair. Instead, I ended getting a refund for the glasses-minus the cost of shipping twice.
This experience has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm out $20 for a defective pair of glasses. While they may make nice sunglasses, customer care is definitely lacking. I will not buy Costas again.