Lace up the Columbia Men's Master Fly Shoes, start your sport-watch timer, and get moving. These lightweight, durable shoes with Omni-Grip rubber outsoles and traction lugs help you fly up the trail to beat your best summit time.
- Closed-mesh uppers with welded seam technology offer minimal support and minimal weight
- Techlite tongues provide support and comfort while you step over small downed boulders
- Techlite 5/10 forefoot-to-heel off-set keeps your feet close to the ground
- Forefoot nylon rock guards supply protection against trail debris and loose rocks
- Omni-Grip rubber with traction lugs grip the trail in the forefoot, midfoot, and heel for whatever trail conditions you encounter
Share your thoughts
Fly Weight Fast Wear
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I was given these shoes a few months back and just pulled them out of their box last month. Yes, they're a minimal shoe and can handle the rolling trails, but if you have tender feet this is not a wise choice.
I put these through some Wasatch mountain trail testing and found that even my tough soles were taking a beating. You'll feel every rock just as you were barefoot.
They don't handle scrambling well, with their soles slipping and steep ascents and descents can be sketchy due to poor lugging. The ability to keep my feet dry during a steady rain was useless, but the omni heat did keep my feet toasty in wet and cold (32 dgrees) conditions.
After 3 peaks (4000 vert and 4 miles each) and 3 ridge runs (12 miles each) the soles are showing considerable wear and tear. I'll be choosing a more stable lite weight shoe for my next fast peak.
Columbia Master Fly Shoe - Men's
Super light, comfy everyday everywhere
I bought these and was surprised at how light they are! Good fit (for me) and good materials. Work as day hikers, around the office, and even some trail running. They also dry pretty fast! And seriously - they are light!
One thing... the outsole started to peel a bit in one spot, but this is 100% because of a bad habit I have when I sit at my desk. A little superglue and I haven't had any issues.