- Detail Images
Everything but the bugs.
- Polyester mesh gives you a bit of protection from the elements while letting heat quickly escape
- Insect Blocker tech uses synthesized plant extracts that keep bugs away
- Active fit is trim without being tight
- Adjustable SCUBA hood keeps the sun and the mosquitoes off of your face
- Two hand pockets and a zippered chest pockets
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Brought it to go backpacking with buddies in Alaska (I live elsewhere), they all wanted to buy one after seeing mine work its voodoo. I think that says volumes.
Will this jacket protect against mosquito...
Will this jacket protect against mosquito bites?
This jacket has a layer of insect repellant sewn into the jacket. so will bugs be able to bite through it? maybe, Will they want to get close to you? NO. I love the technology, you forget you're wearing it and don't notice the bugs until your friends complain about them
The entire fabric is treated with a bug repellant. This treatment is effective enough to disorient some larger bugs, and mosquitoes are easy foes. Bugs may land on the surface and most won't know what to do when they get there.
Think: adding protection without adding heat.