Select your style & size:Select options
Big style, huge durability, small load.
The Chrome Mini Metro Messenger Bag is a small messenger bag with a deceptively large interior for hauling all of the basics to work, school, and play. The exceedingly durable interior and exterior can take whatever you can dish out.
- Made in Chico, California, USA
- Waterproof, durable Cordura stands up to scraping against buses and brick walls
- Large main compartment (think utility bucket) stores everything you would need for a hard day’s work and/or play, like a 15.4in laptop, some bowling shoes, incendiaries, cheese-filled hotdogs and more—imagine the possibilities
- Chest strap uses five-bar webbing for durability, a seatbelt-buckle release for style points, and a cross-sternum load stabilizer strap eliminates bag sway while you dodge oblivious SUV’s
- Integrated truck tarp liner built with military spec binding prolongs the life of the bag and covers all outside-facing seams from elements and abrasion
- EVA foam on shoulder strap pad—arrive at your destination without a laceration from your bag
- Bottle opener built into seatbelt chest strap—what’s wrong with a road soda?
- Item #CRM0005
- Q & A
Good Size Messenger Bag
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
This messenger bag is a good size that can fit alot of books and its material is of good quality. It is also weather-proof and can definitely do well in rainy weather especially. It is also comfortable to wear which is great if you're commuting.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is just big enough to fit my 15 inch mac book in and still has some room for my lunch. Super comfortable strap and I have a feeling this bag is going to last for quite some time...
100% cool factor. Doesn't fit much.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is my third chrome bag. Love the product. Great quality. And the belt buckle is just mad cool. Always get complements on that.
PROS: The velcro closure is awesome. Must be the best velcro I've ever seen. It's almost difficult to tear open once you got it closed up.
Tough shell, fully waterproof. You could dump water on the inside and carry that around if you wanted to. Overall great bag.
CONS: The mini metro is much smaller than the classic metro messenger bag. Smaller than I expected. I won't be able to carry a whole change of clothes, including shoes, in there for the gym. I was a little surprised and disappointed by how limited the capacity of the bag was considering how much I can pack into my other chrome bags.
Also, the belt strap is a thinner material than both of my previous bags. Is Chrome getting cheap with their material or do they just figure the bag is so small in capacity, you won't need that heavy duty belt strap to keep stuff on your back? The problem is the thinner belt folds and crinkles when trying to adjust it, which becomes annoying.
Last thing: it is missing the secret pocket between the seams that they have on the standard metro bags. How am I going to stash stuff I don't want the cops to find?
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These bags are bomb proof solid and last forever. I have two mini metros and they both keep ticking after 8 years and 3 years of use. The only bag I use when riding my bike across town and my school bag as well. You cannot go wrong with Chrome.
Solved all my problems
I'm a law student with many many many books. I've tried other bags and all they have done was weigh me down. This bag however, has not. I love IT!!!
A Celestial Solution.
I was commuting to school without a proper bag. This solved all my problems. It has tons of space, without being over large. (Some of the Chrome bags I've seen are way larger than I would like). I fit all my books for school. It also has pockets all over the place to hold all my cables and chargers I need.
I love the adjustable straps and comfortable fit.
Love this bag! I once wandered around Korea (hours of walking!) for a week with only this. It might say "Mini" but it's not really that small - I fit my 15" Macbook Pro, a DSLR, a couple paperback books to read, and a few changes of clothes. In fact it looks a bit big on me (I'm a wimpy 5'2" girl), but I think it looks *perfect* on my 6'5" guy BFF. The strap comes across your chest, slung onto your shoulder on one side and coming around the waist on the other side. The strap is easy to adjust and even when it's stuffed with all my things the strap is comfortable and doesn't dig into my shoulder.
Deceptively spacious, comfortable to carry, waterproof and very durable - and I dig its subdued style.
is this for your left shoulder?
I would say the strap can be used on either shoulder.
FYI Chrome Industries says the straps on their messenger bags ARE NOT interchangeable. They say 95% + of their messenger bags are LEFT SHOULDER bags.