- LUVSEAT XO3 rubber platform cradles your foot for proper joint alignment and is squishier with a shorter break-in period than older versions
- TPU midsole offers enhanced support with a high arch for max support on longer walks
- Vibram Bulloo outsole is light, flexible, and features an aggressive lug pattern for traction on wet surfaces
- Adjust'em Fit lets you get a precise, custom fit by sliding the polyester webbing straps through the midsole and through the adjustment buckle at the ankle
- Design features a toe and heel wrap to keep the sandal in place as you ascend and descend trails or wade in water
Share your thoughts
Ok, but I prefer the original
I reviewed them, and have to say in my honest opinion, I don't really like them. Call me old school, but I have been using chaco's for the past 10 years and have grown to love the style and feel of the original z/1 and z/2. I really did not see the benefit with a shorter break-in because I have always found chaco's don't really need a break in period at all. From the first inovations to the most recent the I have noticed that the foot beds use to be much more firm than now and these have even a softer footbed than than the later versions which I am opposed to. They are a little lighter which is ok, but the higher arch is really unnecessary unless you need the extra arch support. All in all I think these get the job done but prefer the originals much more personally (and it is a personal preference, some might really like these). I would say these are built more like a Teva or a columbia style sport sandal. I wear a size 10.5 in regular shoes and a 9 fits me in all chaco's.
Just picked a pair of these up and have been really pleased with the instant comfort. I will always be a fan of the original but I have to say that putting these on after having my feet in shoes all winter was really nice - nothing harsh to rub my feet wrong and still super capable.