Better than having gills. Well, maybe not, but pretty darn close.
- Durable polyester webbing dries quickly, won't dig into your skin, and allows you to adjust the fit
- Molded PTU toe bumper provides protection
- Integrated sock keeps out debris
- LuvSeat X03 platform provides lasting arch support, lateral stability, and a light, comfortable feel
- Non-marking Vibram Bulloo outsole provides exceptional grip over wet, slippery surfaces
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I'm a size 9 and these fit true to size. I've used them for fly fishing in the summer and in a drift boat, as well as SUP'ing and they work great. They've got a good hell cup and can be snugged up to keep your foot in the shoe. I've not had any issues with blisters or rubbing on my foot. They've got pretty good toe protection (toe cup) to keep from stubbing your toes on rocks. and a fairly burly sole for stepping on rocks.They do seem best suited for flat surfaces (smaller rock rivers) as they just don't have great lateral support for climbing or hiking.
Chaco Ponsul Bulloo Water Shoe - Men's
Not good at all for canyoneering
I was really wanting to like these after I read the Backpacker gear awards. I purchased my pair, took them out on two trips to Fat Man's Misery in Zions and on the second trip on a sliding slope, the entire sole on my Right foot de-laminated. I was forced to hike the rest of the way through the canyon without one of the soles. Shoe also feels unstable on uneven surfaces as you can feel your foot slide. Tightening the shoe is really tough without cutting off circulation. Needs to be thought out again. Needs better support. Does one thing surprisingly well. It keeps every grain of sand out. Soft sole is comfy. Maybe for beach combing but not canyoneering.