Select your style & size:Select options
A strong, durable paddle that gets the job done.
The Carlisle Magic Straight Shaft Aluminum Paddle uses affordable fiberglass-reinforced nylon to keep the blades durable and strong season after season, and the blades' design supports an efficient stroke whether you're paddling through glassy or choppy waters.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon blade provides solid resistance to cracking, splitting, and abrasion while offering you a lighter weight than polypropylene blades
- Anodized aluminum shaft for durability and long-term use
- Straight shaft allows for multiple hand positions
- To feather the blades, simply push down on the center button and adjust for a sixty-degree angle
- Item #CLL0035
- Q & A
A funky shaft but works
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I first ordered this paddle and when I received it, the shaft had a very odd bend on compression to it on one side but not the other. I returned the item and the next one had the exact same bend as did every other paddle of this model. It works and does not affect the performance or comfort. The only gripe I had with the paddle other than that was that one of the brass button springs was not bent by Carlisle properly so I had to bend it myself. All in all it is a good paddle for getting out on the water ever so often with friends or family.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have this paddle as a spare/for a friend and it has been great so far. The aluminum shaft is a slight con since it can get Really cold and then your hands are freezing. But I love that it's a two piecer. Splitting it apart and sticking it in the car or 'yak makes it easy to transport when not in use. Also, it's pretty cool that it comes with options to feather the blades. I would have thought that something on the lower price end wouldn't have the cool extra features like that. I would definitely recommend this for beginners, anyone who is looking to spend less, or if you need a spare paddle.