- Community Images
Turns mixed climbing dreams into realities.
With its patented handle design that allows you to fine tune the swing angle, the Cassin X-Dream Ice Tool can be adjusted to excel on either mixed terrain or pure ice formations, eliminating the need to own multiple sets of tools. The included Mixed Pick features an aggressive curve that is ideal for technical dry tooling, and the generous pommels make matching sequences a breeze.
- Ultralight aluminum shaft construction lends the durability and performance required by hard mixed routes
- Patented handle design allows you to adjust the angle of handle in relation to the pick by simply adjusting the Allen bolt above the handle—this allows you to fine tune the tool for performance on rock or ice
- Includes X-Dream Mixed Pick for performance on rock or ice
- Refined beak and tooth configuration excels on thin ice and technical mixed terrain
- Compatible with the the X-dream Competition Pick and X-Dream Ice pick (sold separately)
- Adjustable trigger finger ledge allows you to easily match on the tool
Share your thoughts
Cassin X-Dream tools in action
Excellent ice tool when customized
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I had a chance to test these in Adirondack Mountainfest. I was very impressed. The routes we climbed were of vide variety from steep and fat, to thin and no ice (some Dack style dry-tooling on mossy rock). The X-Dream Ice picks were modified with custom weights, so my experience may not be what a user with an of the shelf tool may get. I love my Nomics, but these performed at least as well. The swing was natural, the stick was great and not hard to remove (when there was ice). The picks are super tough, probably tougher than the Petzl Ice pick on my Nomics. The hand grip was super comfy and confidence inspiring on steep terrain. There are a few potential issues. First, as I mentioned I tested tools customized with pick weights. I expect that without the weights the tool would not swing well on ice. Second, the grip handle size cannot be adjusted. It was fine with me (my glove size is right between M and L) but beware if you have large hands. I was told that the X-dream Competition Pick and X-Dream Ice pick have quite different angles, something to be aware. Overall, this is an excellent tool that I highly recommend, especially if you are not happy with Nomic. Camp athlete Ian Osteyee has put a lot of hard work behind developing Cassin tools and the results are compelling.