- Detail Images
It's just you, your bike, and the great unknown.
Remember that 30-mile out-and-back in Pisgah, or that 40-mile loop you rode in Moab? Of course you do. We're betting you brought more than a
20-ounce water bottle to keep yourself hydrated. Sometimes you can get away with a water bottle or an ultralight hydration pack–short rides like that are good for blowing off a little steam during your lunch break, or taking your niece out for her first trail ride. It's nice to get out, but you'll have forgotten about that ride by the weekend. The rides you remember require some carrying capacity. They require the Camelbak H.A.W.G. NV Hydration Pack.
The H.A.W.G. isn't just bigger, though. It's better. From the advanced NV suspension system designed to keep the load away from your back to the fixed waist belt with easy-access cargo pockets, the H.A.W.G. sets a new standard for hydration packs. It's a cross between a hydration pack and a mountaineering pack, and it should be. After all, you aren't just going out for a buzz around the block, you and your trusty ride are headed into the wild blue yonder.
- NV back panel with articulated pods for a fully ventilated back panel that keeps the load suspended away from your back
- New Antidote reservoir includes a lightweight, quick-seal cap, folding arms on the port to speed drying, and baffles in the body that allow the reservoir to maintain a lower profile when full
- New Quick Link system in reservoir allows you to quickly snap off the tube for cleaning and easily attach accessories like filters, flow meters, and insulated tubes
- Ample main compartment and multiple exterior pockets hold your rain gear, multi-tool, pump, spare tube, lunch, MP3, phone, wallet, and keys, while XC helmet carry stows your dome protector
- Fixed .75-inch belt with cargo pockets keeps the pack from bouncing around as you bomb downhill
- HydroGuard anti-microbial technology inhibits bacterial growth on reservoir and tube surfaces
- Ergo Hydrolock shut-off valve allows you to control water flow and prevents leaks
- XC helmet carry stows your dome protector
Share your thoughts
Great pack at sale price.
So I purchase the H.A.W.G NV to replace my older MULE NV pack because it's wearing out and I need more space. Right off this pack has tons of room more than I will ever fill. It will take a little time to break the pack in but it is very comfortable. This pack feels lighter than my MULE NV and it has more room. The only negative thing I can say about is that I don't like my straps hanging all over the place so I notice on all my CamelBak pack that the shoulder straps have Velcro at the end of the straps so you can roll them and secure them, so I got someone to sew Velcro on every lose strap end so the pack continues to have a clean look to it. And I know it probably voids my warranty and that's OK.
CamelBak H.A.W.G. NV Hydration Pack
HAWG NV Overview and Features
Redesigned with a totally new back panel. Articulating pods for ventilation, fit and a secure ride. Mark Weir explains great uses for this pack.