For day hikes from New England to So Cal.
You don't need an oversized daypack that'll swallow all your foul-weather gear, a five-course lunch, and six guide books. The sleek Day Star has just enough space for the essentials: 2 liters of liquid, an extra layer, lunch (normal-sized), and a few trail maps. This pack's organizer pocket keeps lip balm, sunscreen, and maps organized while you hike.
- S-Curve Women’s Harness, female-specific hip-belt, and shorter torso length mean this pack fits snugly and comfortably
- BPA-free reservoir holds 2L of water
- Zip-out reservoir can be refilled without taking everything out of the pack
- Air mesh back panel moves moisture away from your back
- HydroGuard technology inhibits bacterial growth in the reservoir
Share your thoughts
Perfect for Day Hikes
Lightweight and nice-sized bag for a day hike. It has comfortable straps, a padded back and nicely placed sternum strap.
Holds plenty of water and there's additional space to stuff a light jacket, snacks and first aid stuff. The outermost zippered compartment holds smaller items in divided pockets.
One thing some users may not like is the perceived strength of the fabric -- which feels thin, like it could rip easily. My preference was for a lightweight pack, so I am okay with the thinness versus potential durability of the fabric.
With this pack, I also purchased CamelBak's Tube Trap to keep the tube out of the way, but still easily accessible.