Versatility reigns supreme.
Carrying the attitude that one boot should conquer everything from steep summits to park kickers, the Burton Men's Ruler Boot reins in iconic versatility with its happy-medium flex that's neither overly aggressive nor noodly soft. As always, Burton outfitted the Ruler with Speed Zone lacing for a fine-tuned fit over the upper and lowers with the simple pull of a lacing handle. Another Burton staple, Shrinkage tech reduces the boot's footprint by an entire size, which is especially useful if you're a size 10 or 11 on a normal-width board.
Preventing frozen feet on sub-zero shred days, Burton integrated the fiery warmth of 3M Thinsulate into the Imprint 2 liner. This thermo-moldable liner provides a custom fit by molding to your feet as you ride throughout the season. The Man Fur lining ensures fuzzy comfort, and the Lock-Up cuff provides greater response by eliminating dreaded heel lift.
The Ruler is offered in two distinctive soles, one working better for freestyle riders and the other catered to freeriders seeking better grip and durability. The EST-optimized, low-profile sole on the Black/Multi and Denim colorways drops the boot's overall height for increased sensory feedback when you're lapping the park and taking your tricks to natural features. A rugged alternative, the Dynogrip sole on the Black and Militant colorways provides extra grip when you're hiking for fresh turns. Both soles use B3 Gel padding in the heel to smooth out flat landings and excess vibration across rough snow.
- Versatile boot for riding anything on the mountain
- Medium flex excels across a wide variety of terrain
- Speed Zone laces adjust upper and lower separately
- Shrinkage footprint reduces footprint by entire size
- Imprint 2 liner with 3M Thinsulate insulation
- Low-profile, EST-optimized sole (Black/Multi, Denim)
- Dynogrip sole with reinforced rubber (Black, Militant)
- B3 Gel cushioning in the heel (both sole types)
- Item #BUR01NI