Next-level comfort and control.
The hard-charging ladies of Burton wanted the most responsive binding imaginable, so the Escapade EST Snowboard Binding was created to satisfy their lofty demands. It features an innovative suspension system on the highback and ankle strap to provide a ride that's not only more responsive, but more comfortable, too, so you can shred the entire mountain all day long.
The Kickback Hammock highback uses a suspension system to cradle the back of your boot for immediate response on turns and reduced fatigue during long days. The EST baseplate minimizes the dead zone underfoot so your board flexes naturally and allows for infinite adjustability. Strategically-placed EVA in the PodBED footbed evenly distributes your weight, absorbs shock from harsh landings, and smooths out vibrations when you're plowing through chunder.
The Hammockstrap ankle strap is cored-out to keep it lightweight, and it has a nylon strip running down the center that gives you a direct connection to your board at all times. The brand new Super Grip Capstrap locks down your boot securely without creating pressure points, and you'll never have to sweat about it slipping off mid-run. Double Take buckles have teeth on both sides to make clicking in faster and smoother, not to mention more secure.
- Kickback Hammock highback
- EST baseplate
- Canted highback design with Zero Lean
- Women-specific True Fit design
- Hammockstrap straps
- Super Grip capstrap
- PodBED cushioning system
- Item #BUR00ZM
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've been lucky enough to try most of the ladies Burton bindings and these take the cake! Keep in mind, the majority of riding that I do is big mountain, so I prefer a stiffer binding. Here are some of the benefits of the Escapade:
1. Hammock strap: This is some cutting edge technology in the snowboard industry. You don't have to worry about accidentally stepping on your strap wrong or bending it back too far so it snaps. Burton basically takes plastic and stretches it multiple times so the strap is so flexible it won't snap. Straps are one of the things you mess with the most as a snowboarder, so having a reliable one is huge!
2. Hammock highback: the hammock highback is a really comfortable design. It is made to absorb the shock of impact and also gives you the ability to tighten your binding according to personal preference.
3. EST: If you've never experienced the EST system, try it and don't be afraid! It tends to be a little intimidating at first, but it actually cuts down on weight by eliminating discs and allows you to ride the board the way it is meant to be ridden. It also lets you perfect your board width and angles down to the very degree. I admit, at first I was hesitant to take the EST plunge. Once you do you won't go back!
I recommend these bindings to any lady shredder! Even if you're not on a Burton board, riding these on Re:Flex will give you more response and let you feel how the board was built to be ridden.