The result of constant refinement and tech innovation, the Burton Custom Flying V Wide Snowboard rips everything from open powder bowls to slushy park laps without skipping a beat. Rip-anything versatility lies within its directional twin shape for enhanced float and Flying V profile for catch-free play, both in and outside the park. Wider waists accommodate the biggest boots without toe drag slowing you down while you're carving, spinning, and popping off everything in sight.
The Flying V profile is rocker-dominant, with a generous rocker between the feet and subtle rocker transitions at the tip and tail. This double dose of rocker creates a loose, playful board that's great for jibbing through the park, spinning off side-hits, and buttering down the mountain without suddenly catching an edge. Another benefit, rocker increases float by keeping the nose from submarining in deep, untracked powder. Cambered zones beneath the bindings add locked-in control for carving, also creating a poppy platform for sending park kickers and natural drops.
Looking inside what makes the Flying V Custom a great all-around ride, the Super Fly II core is strategically designed to decrease weight and boost pop—both essential features in a top-flight freestyle board. Squeezebox core profiling thins out key areas for easier board control when you're initiating turns, pressing through the rail line, and learning new tricks in the park. Frostbite edges extend ever-so-slightly along the bindings for better edgehold in variable conditions. Add in 45° Carbon Highlights laced throughout the fiberglass matrix for greater energy transfer desired by powerful riders.
- Go-anywhere freestyle board for riders with big boots
- Flying V profile is looser and more playful than camber
- Directional twin shape provides all-terrain versatility
- Medium flex sits between playful and responsive
- Super Fly II core reduces weight and boosts pop
- Carbon-infused fiberglass increases response
- Sintered WFO base readily absorbs wax for fast glide
- Burton creates iconic boards with 39 years of experience
- Item #BUR01OR