When winter's darkest days bring frostbite-inducing temps, stay warm in the Burton Women's AK Baker Insulator Down Jacket. Its exceptionally warm down insulation and articulated fit make it great for layering under a shell during sub-zero pow days, and it also makes a fine choice for wearing around town when you're hitting the bars or walking the dog.
The 800-fill down insulation provides incredible loft that helps you stay toasty while keeping the jacket lightweight, low-profile, and highly compressible. Beyond that, the down's also RDS certified, meaning it's insulation comes from geese that were never force fed or live plucked. Microfleece at the cuffs and chin guard provide a cozy feel at the openings, and microfleece-lined pockets warm cold fingers.
- Maximum warmth for winter's frostiest days
- 800-fill down offers exceptional warmth with low bulk
- Outer fabric is buttery soft and water-resistant
- Microfleece at cuffs, pockets, and chin guard
- Ergonomic hood is removable
- Articulated fit layers well
- Item #BUR01FJ
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
It's warm, yet not bulky. The red is a little on the orange side, very standing out. I really like the high neck for it blocks out the harsh cold wind.