- Detail Images
- Community Images
Because powder is cold.
There's no denying that it's hard to beat the warmth of a down jacket, but the problem is down basically becomes useless when wet. You can avoid that problem with the Burton Men's AK 2L LZ Gore-Tex Jacket. Gore-Tex fabric and Gore-Seam taped seams keep moisture out while the down fill insulation keeps all the toasty goodness in.
Two-layer Gore-Tex ripstop fabric is tough to resist rips and tears, and it's guaranteed waterproof and breathable for ultimate protection from the elements. Fully taped seams with Gore Seam tape prevent moisture from seeping in through the cracks. 650-fill down insulation is lightweight and packable, yet incredibly warm to keep you cozy without weighing you down. The AK fit features engineered articulation to allow for total freedom of movement and it allows room to layer underneath without being baggy or bulky. Zippered underarm vents let you dump heat when you're huffing it to the peak, and the contoured hood with a micro-adjust cinch shields your head from the storm when the weather suddenly turns on you. A removable stretch powder skirt with jacket-to-pant interface keeps the snow out on waist-deep days.
- Gore-Tex 2L ripstop fabric
- Fully taped seams with Gore Seam tape
- 650-fill down insulation
- AK fit
- Zippered underarm vents
- Removable stretch powder skirt with jacket-to-pant interface
- Contour hood with micro-adjust cinch
- Two handwarmer pockets, one chest pocket, one media/goggle pocket, one pass pocket
- Lifetime warranty
Share your thoughts
Perfect cold weather jacket
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I wore this jacket twice in the last to weeks in -10 temps. & it was awesome!!! Both days, all I wore underneath was a Patagonia cap4(another awesome piece). 3 main differences on this years version...1. Feels even lighter & less bulky than previous years.
2. They moved the music pocket to the outside, & put in a wind flap. This is smart because you don't have to open up your jacket to get to your music when it's -10!!!
3. The shell material seems more flexible/supple, & has a nice matte finish to it(other years its been shiny).
All in all, this is my go to piece for anything less than 10 degrees. I am 5'9" 150(thin athletic build) & I wear a small. In the Swash I got a medium in case I need to layer a bit, but you really don't need to with this jacket. Also, Im a little older(42) & don't want to look like I'm 18...no offense young shredders!!! No real negatives about this jacket except for the price!
5'10 165 pounds
5'10 165 Pounds
wearing size L