Lightweight and tough.
When you're bagging your first 14er in the Rockies, stay comfortable in the Black Yak Men's MAIWA Athletic Down Jacket. Supremely insulating and packable, this 750-fill down jacket is constructed with a box-wall construction to prevent feathers from shifting. Black Yak also designed the box walls from lightweight mesh to trap warm air inside the system and distribute it throughout the chambers, minimizing heat convection through seams. The durable Cordura shell provides lightweight strength that resists tears, scuffs, and abrasions.
The Athletic Down Jacket is equipped with a number of features for outstanding performance and reliability. A variety of exterior and interior pockets provide secure storage for essential gear. The adjustable hood includes a high collar to protect your face and chin from windburn, and it can be removed to save weight. Three internal wind gaiters, combined with an adjustable hem and cuffs, help seal out cold to keep you warm and comfortable at high altitudes.
- A down jacket for cold conditions at high altitudes
- Cordura fabric for lightweight durability
- Responsible Down Standard certified down for lightweight warmth
- Mesh box-wall construction increases breathabilty
- Internal wind gaiters to seal out cold
- Removable hood is easily adjustable
- Adjustable hem and cuffs for personalized fit
- Item #BKY000Q