A versatile, midweight mitten that stands up to your winter work or freeride skiing ways.
- Waterproof, windproof, and extremely breathable Gore-Tex insert with XCR product technology optimizes comfort, keeps hands warmer and drier longer, and is ideal for higher activity levels in cool and cold conditions
- Abrasion-resistant, woven nylon shell with four-way stretch fabric offers stellar durability, longevity, and dexterity
- 142g PrimaLoft insulation on back of hand and a fleece palm keep your hands exceptionally warm, provide superb breathability and temperature regulation, and adds a soft touch
- Goat leather palm, back of hand, and fingers supply dexterity
- Zippered back of hand pocket stashes a heat packet on super-frigid days
- Draw-cord gauntlet seals in warmth and blocks out the snow and cold
- Temperature Range: -5/25°F (-20/-4°C)
Share your thoughts
Warm gloves only with an inner liner
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Well constructed gloves, very flexible and comfortable. Size chart is accurate, but an elastic band cuts across the base of your thumb, so I recommend one size larger.
On a 0F and 20 mph day fingers are a bit cold. This is due to evaporative cooling from the moisture in your hands through the glove. But, if you wear thin rubber gloves (I use disposable nitrile paint gloves), the evaporation is blocked and your hands will be toasty all day. You should not put the rubber gloves over mittens as your hand's moisture will condense inside the insulation, become soggy and quickly freeze.
Worth every penny!
Picked these up after noticing how many members of our local Ski Patrol were wearing Black Diamond gloves/mitts. Used them all season for snowboarding - from December to April! Wide range of temps/conditions - never got cold hands! Like all BD products, design, construction, materials are excellent.
Best all around ski glove
This is the best ski glove I have owned so far and it is true BD quality. My hands are always cold even on a spring day and this glove has been my one glove I always go to. Roomy enough for a liner and light enough for a warm bluebird day.
Only draw backs are no gauntlet, and the cuff is a little short, but it will still do the job.
Great Leather Mit
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I got these as a gift for my brother, but now I am regretting not getting two pairs! Now I'm jealous.
Most importantly, these are very well made mittens. The leather is thick and tough, but still smooth and flexible. Also, the gauntlet with pull cord fits easily over any jacket sleeve. Just from looking at the construction and materials, I am confident that these things will be able to withstand years of abuse.
I picked these out for my brother since his hands get cold rather easily, and I noticed that these have a decent amount of insulation in the palm as well as a zipper pocket for heat packs. Also, there is plenty of room in these mittens for a thick fleece liner, if you find that they are not warm enough on their own. Lastly, I find myself surprised by the high level of dexterity that these mittens offer. They are slightly thinner than most other mittens which makes it easier to hold and manipulate objects (including small things like zippers, keys, buckles, chinstraps etc.).
Size chart is accurate, fit is roomy (it is a mitten after all), and build is bombproof. Overall, another awesome product by Black Diamond.