Select your style & size:Select options
Lightest is mightiest.
Black Diamond's UltraLite Mix STS Climbing Skin is an excellent addition to the minimalist ski mountaineer's setup. Now 20% lighter, this skin's combination of mohair and nylon offers balanced performance between glide and grip, and the Dynex and aluminum tip is easily replaceable, even when you're in the backcountry.
- Lightweight climbing skins for backcountry skiing
- Mixed mohair and nylon construction balances glide and grip
- Replaceable Dynex and aluminum tip
- Patented STS tail provides 10cm of length adjustment
- Item #BLD00NW
- Q & A
So Far So Good
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I cut the skins to my skis yesterday and the whole process went very smoothly (I did use a G3 edge tool through). These skins fold up to less than half the size of my 5-year-old BD Ascension skins and felt much lighter. The dyneema tip loop shows just how far these skins go to shave down the grams. The backing material and the thread length contributed to the reduced weight and packability. I will update this review on performance once it actually snows!!!! But, for now they seem like a real win.