- Detail Images
Lightweight, easy to pack, and ultra-quick to assemble.
From backcountry ski tours to summer hiking excursions, grab the Black Diamond Ultra Mountain Carbon Trekking Poles for balance and stability. The Z-Pole design allows you collapse this three-section pole with a single push of a button while the speed cone deployment provides instant assembly in every season of the year.
- 100% carbon fiber construction provides a low weight of just over a pound per pair
- Z-Pole speed cone deployment uses an interior KEVLAR® cord to allow you to instantly assemble the three-section pole by pulling the grip and first shaft section away from each other
- Z-Pole system allows you to collapse the pole with a single push of a button
- Collapsed length of just 17 inches (for the 120cm pole) provides compact packing
- EVA foam grip with moisture-wicking strap provides all day comfort and support
- EVA mini-grip extension allows you to quickly choke-up on the pole on steep sections of trail
- Includes Flex Tech carbide tips and rubber tips
- Includes 60mm Trekking Baskets and Compactor Powder Baskets
Share your thoughts
Black Diamond Ultra Mountain Carbon Trek
Do these poles still work with the pole...
Do these poles still work with the pole attachment loops on the bottom of many packs?
Yes they will work with those loops but if you are planning on stowing them for any appreciable chunk of time I would just collapse them and put them away as they break down really small.
My two main packs are a ULA Circuit and a Gregory Z55. The BD Z poles do not fit well in the conventional up/down position using the ice axe loops and the trekking pole hold downs (Velcro for ULA, shock cord clips for Z55). They're very short and tend to flop around or work their way loose and fall out. Instead, I find the poles ride more securely in a single bundle crosswise, using compression straps or putting the Z poles under the hood of the Z55 to keep them in place.