Designed for high-altitude mountaineering or freezing days in the backcountry.
Whether it's the thrill of reaching the summit or the ski down, you and the Black Diamond Super Light Mitts were made for the mountains. The Super Light's Gore-Tex XCR insert, Pertex fabric, and PrimaLoft Kodenshi insulation ensure your hands stay comfortable and in working condition so you can belay your ice partner, adjust your harness, or take off your skins after a precarious skin uphill.
- Waterproof, windproof, and extremely breathable Gore-Tex inserts with XCR technology optimize comfort, keep hands warmer and drier longer, and are ideal for higher-activity levels in cool and cold conditions
- Pertex ripstop shells offer a durable, wind-resistant, wicking fabric with extremely good breathing ability so you're not left with clammy palms when you find yourself precariously perched on a wall of ice
- PrimaLoft Kodenshi insulation combines the water resistance and superior warmth-to-weight ratio of PrimaLoft with the heat reflecting properties of ceramic fibers to ensure your hands remain warm and comfortable throughout the day
- Ceramic fibers contain silicates that absorb and hold heat for an extended period similar to sand on a hot day which then is released back to you, resulting in more warmth over a longer period of time
- Sheepskin leather palms with Kevlar® stitching supply maximum dexterity and compressibility
- Secure wrist straps ensure you don't accidentally drop the Super Light from the lift or down a steep slope when you adjust your harness
- Drawcord gauntlets seal in warmth and block snow
- Temperature Range: -25/10F (-31/12C)
Share your thoughts
These mittens will keep your hands WARM!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
$179.95 is a lot for a pair of mittens. Last week I skied in single digit temps in Vermont - as far as I was concerned it couldn't have been colder. These mittens were comfy and warm all day - with no liners or hand warmers! OK, OK, I did put my thumb with my other four fingers when I rode the lift but other than that these mitts just didn't quit. For really cold days, I am trading in my Grandoes with hand warmers for these. Be ready if you buy the green - they're really green and they're really puffy - kind of like an oven mitt - hey, who cares if your hands are warm. And as an added bonus the green are less likely to grow legs and disappear.
These are insanely warm. There is also an interior index finger split which is nice. I got an XL, which is my normal glove size, and they fit perfectly. All in all, I am very satisfied with these mitts from Black Diamond. Worth the money.
I bought these gloves right before a ski trip to Jacksonhole and I am glad that I did. The average hi temp when we were there was -3 F and these gloves kept me super warm almost to the point that my hands were sweating. I would recommenced these gloves for anyone that wants a great glove that is super warm in cold temps. I got a size Large and it is perfect for me.