- Community Images
A new monopoint for ice and mixed-terrain monkeys.
- The front point was built a little toward the inside of your foot to act more as an extension of your big toe and is assisted by two sub points for pure ice
- Anti-balling plates ensure ice and snow doesn't collect and add weight to your kicks
- Step-in attachment works easily with most boots and can be easily adjusted for a secured fit
- The two-piece design features a flexible, sliding center piece to fit your boot size, and it features small spikes to bite into bulging, irregular ice
Share your thoughts
Want tools for your feet?
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These are AWESOME! super huge monopoint, way aggressive, super solid purchase. there are little points on either side of the monopoint that help make it stable, and the secondary points are so aggressive that they engage too. So if you sink these all the way into the ice you are standing on 5 points. That being said they are hard to walk in. The front and secondary points want to chew your pants up! Gaiters or tight pants recommended. If you are looking for a dual service Ice/mountaineering crampon, look elsewhere. if you want a technical ice monster, you found it.
Toeing in on a mixed route at Pictured Rocks, MI
Tip for front bale removal
I figured maybe someone else might find this useful. I had a very difficult time moving the front bale between holes. It didn't matter how hard I pulled or in what position, I could not remove it. I ended up taking a piece of parachute webbing and feeding it through the space between the bale and the frame to use as a pull handle. It allowed the bale to naturally rotate into the right position when pulling and removed it out in a snap.
Maybe I just have weak hands, but if anyone else has the same issue it really makes removing and reinserting the front bale a total breeze.
Stingers in action
Love the Stingers...an improvement over the Cyborgs, and I didn't think that was possible.
These are pretty sick. Used Cyborgs for years and the new Stinger beats them for mono-point usage. The new geometry grabs rock better and the mono-point is great. Fit is about the same as Cyborgs, although the front point sticks out a little farther than my Cyborgs, even after adjusting. Great all around mono-point setup.