For a speedy ascent.
The Speed 22 Backpack boasts a surprising amount of features despite being Black Diamond's ultralight choice for minimalist alpine climbers. This simple yet technical daypack strips down to the bare minimum for the lightest ascents. You can leave the waist belt, top lid, and back panel behind when you want to make speed records, and the back panel's removable framesheet doubles as a bivy pad, just in case you end up being up in the alpine longer than expected. The Speed also features hydration compatibility, a tuck-away climbing rope strap, and micro ice tool PickPockets that also accommodate crampons.
- Superlight daypack for alpine climbing
- Removable waist belt, back panel, and top lid
- Hydration compatibility accommodates reservoirs
- Micro ice tool PickPockets carry axes and crampons
- Tuck-away strap for climbing ropes
- Item #BLD00NU