Superior features and effortless design for your many trips into the mountains.
Preparedness is your most powerful ally in the alpine, and the Revelation AvaLung Winter Pack holds the gear, all-day fuel, and layers you need while its new AvaLung breathing apparatus further enhances safety in avalanche terrain. For the '12-'13 season, Black Diamond improved this iconic ski mountaineering pack with AvaLung technology that increases your chances
of surviving an avalanche burial, and the pack's pivoting, move-matching ergoActiv suspension system makes sure you don't feel off balance while you ski and climb.
- ergoActiv suspension features SwingArm Shoulder Straps, an ergoActiv waist-belt, and an aluminum V-Motion Frame for stability and comfort in challenging terrain
- Padded, adjustable SwingArm straps are linked on the bottom with a cable so they move in concert with any body movement
- Padded, adjustable ergoActiv waist-belt uses a ball-joint to attach directly to the frame so it can pivot as you move and angle the weight to your legs
- Padded back panel, removable frame sheet, and 6mm 6061 aluminum V-Motion frame ensure stability as you scramble up a ridge
- Large zippered front pocket holds a shovel, handle, probe, and snow-study accessories and can be accessed with skis attached for drills or real-life rescues
- Fully featured pack weighs 4lb 4oz (M/L), and its zippered main compartment holds all your touring or mountaineering gear plus layers, food, a water reservoir, and other extras for your alpine trips
- New for the 2012-2013 season, the AvaLung breathing valve box on the shoulder strap enhances airflow and adds comfort to the shoulder strap
- When you're ready to tour, unzip the breathing tube from the shoulder strap, pull it out, and stick it in your mouth—in the event of an avalanche, the integrated Avalung pulls oxygen from surrounding snowpack and expels C02 through bottom exhaust port so you have breathable air for a longer amount of time (approximately 58 minutes)
- AvaLung technology can be removed completely so you can use this pack for summer climbing
- Top lid tuck-away helmet sling/crampon patch secures gear while you skin or hike and stows it out of the way when not in use
- Tough nylon fabrics withstand rugged outings and multiple seasons in the Rockies
- Insulated hydration sleeve keeps your liquids flowing while you tour the high, dry alpine, and an internal sleeve and hook hold your reservoir in place (reservoir sold separately)
- Top pocket holds a map, snack, or headlamp
- Waist-belt zip pockets hold snacks, a radio, or a small camera
- Ice axe loops attach your tools to the pack when not in use and safely secure the points so you don't stab yourself or your pack
- Side ski loops enable an A-frame-style ski carry as you boot up a couloir
- Four side compression straps lock down the load to keep it feeling solid while you ski or climb
Share your thoughts
Mediocre Build Quality.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought the Black Diamond Revelation Pack and was first pleasantly surprised by it. I thought it was extremely durable and functional. However, I started noticing how Black Diamond did not do a good job on the details. So far, I've had a broken zipper, failing buckles, etc. and although I have repaired them, I have not even taken them outside for anything wet. The bag was failing when I was PACKING it. I did not even pack it half way. Although the bag's design looks excellent, I am sticking to my The North Face Patrol 34 for most of my tasks.