- Detail Images
Check the Pulse.
- Women-specific shoulder straps and hip-belt are designed to fit your curves and feature soft, breathable 3D mesh padding for ultimate comfort
- reActive suspension system features an ultra-responsive, floating hip-belt that responds to your body's movements for greater comfort and stability
- Swing Arm tech routes the shoulder straps through the pack's lumbar area for unrestricted movement when hiking with trekking poles or scrambling
- OpenAir back-panel system circulates fresh air between the pack and your back to keep you feeling comfortable when the midday sun is cranking
- 3D mesh on the shoulder straps and hip-belt is soft and breathable for summertime waterfall hunts
- Multiple external pockets and main compartment hold your towel, camera, extra layers, and other essentials so you can have them when you need them
- Slip your water reservoir into the inner sleeve for hands-free, on-the-go beverage-ing (reservoir not included)
- Front straps keep your trekking poles or ice axes secure when not in use
Share your thoughts
Holy cow, it fits!!!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
It fits it fits it fits!
I am a petite woman, 5'1", 108 lbs.,with a small-boned frame. I practice yoga and bodywork, and I have an acute sensitivity to body mechanics and ergonomics. Most pack manufacturers do not, at least not with small women in mind. I have been searching for months for a daypack that fits my body. Everything is too big or too clunky or just odd, even in XS sizes. Gregory, Deuter, Osprey, Kelty, etc. etc. etc. I'm on a first-name basis with the UPS guy because I receive and return so many packages.
This is the first pack I've tried on that rests on my hips, conforms to my back (after I removed the rigid plastic support), and it's comfy with 20 lbs. in it. It's simple, not very many pockets or dangly straps or gizmos. But it has enough, its craftsmanship is great, and it fits! (And it's a women's pack that comes in gray, which is rare. Dear gear manufacturers: some women don't like the same colors as Barbie. Please make women's items in grown-up colors. We are grown-ups.)
I'll be in the market for a two-week tech pack soon, and I'll be hitting up Black Diamond.
Wow! What a wonderful backpack for women
This backpack is perfect! It's exactly the right size and carries just the right amount of my stuff as I'm 5'1" and 120 pds. It was even better that I could purchase this addition to my gear through backcountry.com as they Are The Best! Have fun and take every chance to get out to take a hike, Donna
Straps Too Long
I am quite petite at 5' 94lbs. Since I don't have much back, chest, or shoulder thickness/meat, the straps were too long for me and the backpack did not fit. So I had to return it. Otherwise, I loved the feel of the straps and material that makes contact with your skin. It's much softer than other bags. It also fit my form better than most bags aside from the straps. Warning about the color. This bag looked ivory/yellowish on my computer screen, but it's really a green color.
does this bag carry skis?
does this bag carry skis?
It is not for holding skis
I do a lot of hiking because I study geology. There are a lot of great things about this bag. Main concern was the support. I just wanted a daypack that could handle carrying rocks. This bag holds up so far. It doesn't hurt my back like other bags do. The side pockets are awesome. I hate mesh! But the side pockets can hold anything and they're tall so they can handle big items and they don't tear as I scramble through scrub oak. Bottom line: I'm rough on my packs, but this one is tougher. Love it!
However, this bag isn't perfect. It's the best out there I could find. And trust me, I've been looking for months. The hydration pack only fits up 2 L. The color is a little too bright but since the bag is generally so awesome I'm keeping it. I wish it had more pockets.
Black Diamond Launch and Enduro Series Packs — Pack Fitting
Correct fit is paramount to realizing the performance benefits of Active Form Design. Determine your pack size at a retailer using Black Diamonds Pack Fit Tool or have a friend measure your torso length. Confused? Watch our pack fit video to learn the proper way to determine your pack size and then fine-tune your fit.
2010 Black Diamond Active Form Design Packs - Research and Development
20 years in the making. Black Diamond's experience with climbing hardware design, from carabiners to crampons, gives us a unique perspective from which to approach pack design. Watch our Behind-the-Scenes video to get the inside beta on the R&D process from our pack designers—all the way from concept sketches to field-testing.
Black Diamond Pulse Backpack - Women's - 1220-1340cu in
This is an awesome daypack! BD's new reACTIVE suspension system is sick. It moves naturally with your body while keeping the pack stuck to your back. Normally whenever a new technology comes out, I like to wait a season or two to see how it holds up. Since it is BD that made this, there is no need to worry. They've done their homework and they are known for having only durable, high quality products.