- Oz carabiners offer full strength ratings while keeping weight down
- Dyneema sling resists taking on water weight
- Wiregate design offers easy clipping action, while HoodWire technology helps prevent snagging
Share your thoughts
Perfection in Quickdraw Form
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These are Black Diamond's offering in the snag-free wiregate race.
--Super light weight
--The wiregate's nose is hooded, so the hook is protected against snagging hangers or the rope.
--Great clipping feel, as usual from Black Diamond.
--Cheaper than Petzl's alternatives.
--Much more expensive than other (heavier) draws.
These provide all the goodness of a wiregate with the snag-free clipping of a Positron. I plan to replace the carabiners in my current draws with Oz 'biners as the old ones wear out, and any new draws I buy will likely be these. These are an excellent place to lighten your load without compromising safety!
My Quickdraw of Choice!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've had these for about a year now and I'm thrilled to death with the performance they have given. I use them for all my trad and sport climbs. The weight they drop on my trad rack is amazing. They are light, manageable, strong, easy to clip and have great feel to them. I've taken a good amount of falls on these and they continue to keep their strength. Only thing is the purple-ish look they have isn't as dark as it appears, so tape on the bener-to-bolt side would be a good idea to keep from confusion. Overall, very pleased with the OZ draws.