- Detail Images
Stash everything you need to get out in the wilderness for a weekend of adventure.
- Water-resistant taping prevents lingering moisture from seeping through to your gear
- Top-loading design and front zipper provide multiple access points
- Compartment divider, hip-belt pockets, side pockets, and additional front and internal pockets keep you organized
- Hydration-compatible so you don't go thirsty on mileage-heavy trips
- Dedicated straps for trekking poles and sleeping pad
Share your thoughts
Bad quality material, bad zippers
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've bought this pack in Spring to use on mountaineering and backcountry skiing trips. While the fit is pretty good, the quality of the pack is bad. The zippers are very hard to open and close and get stuck all the time. After only a couple of trips, the zippers started to break. A few more trips in, the fabric started to deteriorate and my pack got little holes on the front and bottom. For a pack at that price, I expect that the material lasts much longer than that. I really wanted to keep the pack since it's hard for me to find a mountaineering pack that fits well, but I'm not ok with it falling apart after only one season.
Not a good fit
I liked a lot of the features on this pack: the ability to carry a large water bladder, the comfort of the hip-belt, the pockets of the hip-belt, the waterproof zippers, and the trekking pole loops. But I could not get this pack to fit right. I measured my torso length based on Black Diamond's guidelines and ordered the correct size but no matter how I adjusted the straps or the hip-belt height a lot of the weight rested on my shoulders. The shoulder straps were not comfortable, either, which was surprising because I thought the hip-belt was the most comfortable of any I've never tried. I loved a lot of the features and I adored the purple sage color, but I'm sending it back because it wasn't a comfortable fit.