Day hikers rejoice—this pack helps you take the trail in stride.
- reActive XP suspension system blends fixed shoulder straps with an ultra-responsive, floating hip-belt that responds to your body's movements for greater comfort and stability
- Thermoformed, vented back panel helps circulate fresh air between the pack and your back to keep you feeling comfortable
- Zippered panel access makes it a breeze to load and unload this pack
- Hydration sleeve can be accessed externally so you don't have to tear your pack apart to refill your water bladder
- Raincover pocket keeps an accessory rain cover (cover sold separately) easy to reach so your gear stays dry when a storm suddenly strikes
- Also features external holders for your trekking poles, loops for your ice axes for the winter, and a bike light clip for commuting in the city
Share your thoughts
Is that outer pocket (the rain cover pocket,...
Is that outer pocket (the rain cover pocket, I think) made of a stretchy material?
No it's not. It's made from the same material as the rest of the pack. It's more of a shove it pouch, so you can store pretty much anything you want in there.
Just got this and ran this through a steep section of trails and I must say that I was quite impressed. I have owned many 1-2 day packs and this is my favorite as the suspension system and back panel is a dream (stable, weight balanced and breathable). I carry 2L of water and all my 10 essentials and while this does not take up 20L the option is still there for winter or higher assents. The pack is light for 20L compared to many others and I prefer the bulk loading area opposed to twenty different organization pockets. The down sides are that it is hard to stash poles in the gear loops at the back. I would like to see a mini daisy chain just for those awkward to carry items such as crampons. The reservoir pouch is separate from the main compartment which is nice BUT it is a bit hard to get the bladder in but this is not really a concern for me. Anyway I was quite impressed.
I have the older version of the Nitro. This newer version sheds weight and has a grooved open foam in the back which is a new addition to help with ventilation. The hip belt is also padded and you can hike for days. This new model is more vertical and does not stick out as much keeping your weight closer to your body. Great for climbing/skiing/hiking. Awesome pack, and if you have any problems contact Black Diamond. they will fix it. Bomber pack