One harness for every season.
With the Black Diamond Momentum 3S Harness, you'll have the ventilation for long sport pitches in the summer, the comfort for multi-pitch adventures in the fall, and the versatility to tackle ice routes in the winter. Pre-threaded Speed Adjust buckles on the belt and leg loops allow you to quickly and securely adjust the harness without having to worry about doubling back, and the Dual Core waist-belt eliminates pressure points for all-day comfort.
- Dual Core construction utilizes two bands of webbing that split around the waist-belt for maximum ventilation and weight distribution
- OpenAir EVA foam insert increases comfort
- Pre-threaded Speed Adjust buckles on the waist-belt and leg loops are quick, safe, and secure
- Adjustable leg loops allow the harness to fit over outerwear
- Adjustable and releasable elastic rear riser improves fit
- Four pressure-molded gear loops provide quick access to gear
- 12KN-rated haul loop makes the harness suitable for big multi-pitch excursions
Share your thoughts
Gave it as a gift
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I own the Momentum Speed Adjust Harness from Black Diamond and I really like it. I decided to buy this as a gift. This harness is really comfy and fairly adjustable. The gear loops are of really nice quality. If this harness is anything like its little brother (the speed adjust model), it's going to be awesome and last a long time.
Fits really well!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Been using it about a month now, and the fit is extremely comfortable, and quick to get going. Was more familiar with the older style O-shaped buckle so the front loop closure took a little getting used to (in terms of feeling like it was safe and not going to come loose), but having climbed several times without incident now, I'm confident that it isn't going to come apart. Definitely recommend it.
Basic Sport Climbing Harness
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is your basic sport climbing harness. I'm still pretty new to the sport climbing world, but I've tried all kinds of harnesses from friends and gym rentals. I've done a lot of belaying including some big lead falls and have taken a few gym falls in it and it feels fine. Feels as comfortable as any other harness I've worn. I also tried it out on a few short multi-pitch routes and all of my gear racked great with the gear loops. My only complaint about the harness is that it seems to have a little less padding around the waist than the other Momentum harnesses. Granted, its listed in the Big-Wall Harness so it does seem to be made to feel comfortable for some long climbs. Still fulfills my needs and is a 5 star harness in my books.
The right harness for all day climbing
I climbed some thousand foot routes with this harness in Red Rocks, Vegas and loved it! It is light, comfortable and I barely noticed wearing it when I didn't have so much gear attached to it. The speed adjust buckles make it a breeze to put on and off. I took a few whippers and this harness made falling feel comfortable.