- Detail Images
Get out there.
- ergoActive XP suspension blends full-range motion with stable support for heavier loads on multi-day trips
- ergoActive XP hipbelt uses urethane elastomers for added stability and dynamic load transfer
- OpenAir back panel promotes cooling airflow to keep your back dry and comfortable
- Compartment divider helps keep you organized
- Side and hipbelt pockets for easy access to the essentials
- Hydration compatible to keep you moving on long hikes
- Retractable trekking pole/ice axe loop is out of the way when you don't need it
- Sleeping pad straps save interior room
Share your thoughts
Mercury 55 #1
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought this bag for use as a 3-5 day pack, mostly for use in warm climates (FL,GA,CA). The ergoActiveXP suspension on the Mercury is AMAZING! The pivoting on the hip belt feels strange at first, but drastically reduces the perceived load when the bag is heavy! I believe one of the best features of this bag is the ability to load it from the side, like a duffel bag! It was so easy to open, remove gear needed from the bottom of the bag, and not have to unpack everything! During its maiden voyage, this bag packed 370oz of water, luxury food for 4 days, and sleeping gear (luxury) without running out of space, or feeling the slightest bit overburdened. Compression straps do a great job preventing load shifting ! This bag is the most comfortable I have used and will eventually buy a larger one for the really long trips!
GEAR REVIEW: Black Diamond Mercury 55
This pack features an adjustable, pivoting hip belt among many features. Check out my video for a full review!
Pretty keen to see peoples opinions on the...
Pretty keen to see peoples opinions on the Mercury range of packs (thinking of getting a 55 & 75). Are they up to brutal treatment & is this harness system as comfortable as the tech talk says?