- Community Images
The most revolutionary belay carabiner in a decade.
Featuring Black Diamond's new magnetic locking mechanism, the Magnetron GridLock carabiner brings a new level of ease and safety to belay-specific carabiners. This unique gate design doesn't freeze in the winter and doesn't clog up with sand and dirt the way a screwgate does. In addition to the one-of-a-kind gate, the Magnetron GridLock also has a separated bottom and top so as to completely eliminate the chances of cross-loading, because this is one piece of gear that absolutely cannot fail. To further ensure that its safety, Black Diamond hot-forged this carabiner to make it as tough as it can be. As a final touch, this carabiner also got a keylock nose to eliminate snags when you're taking your friend off belay.
- Revolutionary magnetic locking gate features two magnetized arms that repel each other when the gate is open but lock shut when they come in contact with the steel insert in the carabiner's nose
- Gate opens by depressing the two arms with thumb and forefinger; can be operated with one hand, and design works equally well for right- and left-handers
- Gate bisects carabiner to eliminate cross loading
- Magnetic gate doesn't have components that can freeze shut or clog with sand
- Large pear shape allows for a generous gate opening
- Keylock nose helps prevent your rope from snagging
- Hot-forged for maximum durability