Calling all aggressive freeride and sidecountry skiers.
When the post-apocalyptic nuclear winter descends on the earth, pack up your backcountry gear and head into the mountains with the Black Diamond Mad Max Gloves for some face shots. A Gore-Tex XCR insert supplies wind- and waterproof protection from the snowy elements while you haul arse down open pow fields, steep chutes, and wind-buffed terrain. And Black Diamond made sure to incorporate molded knuckle pads to knock out pesky snow zombies or low-hanging tree branches.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex XCR insert fends off sideways-blowing snow, sleet, and powdery flakes
- Durable goat leather shell has molded EVA padding inserts on the knuckles to protect you from pesky foliage and other obstacles
- PrimaLoft One creates stellar warmth without weight, offers solid water resistance, dries quickly, and is breathable, compressible, and wind resistant
- Wool and fleece internal wicks sweat and adds a touch of warmth
- Under-the-cuff and hook-and-loop closure give the Mad Max a sleek, low profile
- Temperature Range: -20/10°F (-29/-12°C)
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
These are the first gloves I have bought in a while and I was NOT disappointed. I have some circulation problems in my hands, so I have to be very critical of my gloves b/c your hands aren't right, your day could suck. Well my days did not suck all season and I was out on some seriously cold days. Very, very, very good gloves. Get 'em you won't be disappointed!
Warm & solid
I have used them in failry cold whethers and elevations and they keep the hands warm and dry all the time - unlike many other (reputable) brands I have tried. From the quality of the leather/materials and assembly they seem durable - this I will have to wait a few years to confirm. The only drawback is they are very tight (even the XL ones) and therefore difficult to put on and off.