- Detail Images
A compact, ultralight, and reliable power source.
With its compact size and ultralight weight of just a single ounce, the Black Diamond Ion Headlamp is perfect to stash in your glove box, backpack, or pocket. The Ion can cast a beam 22 meters long on the high setting, and the IPX4 water-resistant rating means a surprise rain shower won't leave you stranded in the dark.
- One SinglePower LED bulb emits 12 lumens
- Ion can throw a beam 22 meters into the darkness on the highest setting
- Runs on a single 6-volt battery (included)
- High setting has an 8-hour burn time, low setting has a 15-hour burn time
- Single switch allows you to select settings and turn the light on or off
- Adjustable headband allows for hands-free lighting
- IPX4 water-resistant rating protects against splashed water from any direction
- Compact size and ultralight 1-ounce weight allows you to take the Ion anywhere
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This lamp is a great answer to those looking to save weight! I use this around the campsite. It provides plenty of light for finishing up cooking, setting up the tent, and cleaning up. It is not for night hiking. Not bright enough. I have used it on one battery for approximately 8 hours. I'm not sure how much is left.
Not for me
I had one of these, but for me, it just wasn't bright enough, and the battery drained really fast. I know it is meant to be ultralight, but I would rather carry a few more ounces in order to have a bright, long-lasting beam.