A compact, ultralight, and reliable power source.
With its compact size and ultralight weight of just a single ounce, the Black Diamond Ion Headlamp is perfect to stash in your glove box, backpack, or pocket. The Ion can cast a beam 22 meters long on the high setting, and the IPX4 water-resistant rating means a surprise rain shower won't leave you stranded in the dark.
- One SinglePower LED bulb emits 12 lumens
- Ion can throw a beam 22 meters into the darkness on the highest setting
- Runs on a single 6-volt battery (included)
- High setting has an 8-hour burn time, low setting has a 15-hour burn time
- Single switch allows you to select settings and turn the light on or off
- Adjustable headband allows for hands-free lighting
- IPX4 water-resistant rating protects against splashed water from any direction
- Compact size and ultralight 1-ounce weight allows you to take the Ion anywhere
Share your thoughts
Great emergency lamp. Light and compact
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Ion is a perfect lamp to put in the bottom of your zippered pouch on your chalkbag or in your pocket. At 1 oz the Ion doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of bulk. It is a lamp I take with me and quickly forget about until it is needed. The Ion has saved me multiple times on routes that took a little longer than planned. The light is enough to walk or rappel with in my opinion.
The battery looks like an odd size but replacements can be found at most grocery stores if needed.
I recommend putting one in your climbing kit and when the time comes to use it I think you?ll be psyched!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This lamp is a great answer to those looking to save weight! I use this around the campsite. It provides plenty of light for finishing up cooking, setting up the tent, and cleaning up. It is not for night hiking. Not bright enough. I have used it on one battery for approximately 8 hours. I'm not sure how much is left.
Not for me
I had one of these, but for me, it just wasn't bright enough, and the battery drained really fast. I know it is meant to be ultralight, but I would rather carry a few more ounces in order to have a bright, long-lasting beam.