Refuse to compromise.
More often than not, the ascent is only half the battle, and when you’re met with technically demanding terrain and variable snow conditions after a harrowing climb, you need aggressive downhill performance you can depend on. Devour vertical feet on the ascent and descent with the voracious Helio 95 Ski—the mid-width offering from Black Diamond’s new, technically-focused ski mountaineering line. The pre-preg carbon fiber layup provides torsional stiffness and progressive, balanced flex that’s forgiving in soft snow, but can still stand up to hard pack. An endlessly versatile 95mm waist width is complemented with a medium turn radius that’s just as comfortable in tight couloirs as it is on sprawling, untouched powder fields.
The Helio's profile consists of a rockered tip, raised tail, and camber underfoot to give you a sense of levity in soft snow and reliable edge hold on boilerplate steeps. An ultralight engineered balsa flax wood core, titanal mounting plates, and ABS sidewalls keep the ski staggeringly light and strong so you can propel yourself to the most remote objectives with the least amount of drudgery in the skintrack. To simplify transitions and prevent wear and tear on the ski tail, the Helio features an ABS tail protector with integrated tab to secure skin clips.
- Mid-width offering from Black Diamond's ski mountaineering line
- Versatile 95mm waist width floats in powder and is agile on hardpack
- Rockered tips and camber underfoot charges in variable snow conditions
- Carbon fiber layup for excellent torsional stiffness and balanced flex
- ABS sidewalls and sandwich construction keep the skis durable
- Featherlight balsa flax wood core makes covering vertical feet a breeze
- Makes transitions easy with ABS tail protector and skin clip tab
- Item #BLD00KI
- Q & A
BD Helio 95
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Looking for a light ski that can crush all aspects of your backcountry trip? Look no further! Pick up a pair of the Helio 95s and destroy everything from boot deep pow to crud, chop, and soppy spring snow. The light construction and perfect 95mm waist make this a great choice if you are looking for one touring ski for all your needs. Black diamond puts years of experience into their skis and makes many different models in the Helio line for different purposes. Please feel free to reach out to me. I will personally help you pick the right Helio for your skiing needs. Feel free to email or call me anytime at - email@example.com or 801-204-4533.