A half-skin that takes fast-and-light to an entirely new dimension.
The GlideLite Mohair Mix Kicker Climbing Skin is an ultralight half-skin that will make the minimalist rando racer giddy with delight. Black Diamond used quick-gliding mohair to keep this skin light and highly packable, and it shrugged off classic tip and tail attachments in favor of a webbing-and-buckle system that makes for lightning-fast attachment.
- Editor's note: this is a half-length skin, not a full-length skin. Please keep that in mind when you're selecting a size.
- Gold Label Adhesive sticks to the bottom of your skis in the coldest and warmest temps and remains sticky season after season
- Mohair material is a natural fiber with inherent water-repellent capabilities and a hollow core that slightly reduces weight while still offering plenty of traction and supreme glide
- Nylon material, which is mixed in to form the Mohair Mix, boosts skin durability
- Kicker tip attachment is made of a simple buckle and clip system that's light and easy to operate quickly
Share your thoughts
Can anyone post of photo of these in place...
Can anyone post of photo of these in place on some skis and a detail photo of the " simple buckle and clip system that's light and easy to operate quickly" attached to a ski?
How about a measurement of how long they actually are as "half-skins"?
I just received mine and realized there might be an issue. I bought the 65mm thinking I could trim them down as my skis are about 59mm beneath the binding. The problem is the metal plate on the skin is wider than my ski where it need to be placed ahead of the binding. I'm going to have to check the kick zone and maybe I can slide it up towards the tip of the ski where it's wider. If I can manage to use these skins, I'll take a picture of the buckle and measure the overall length. I don't want to open them until I'm sure I don't have to return them.
we discovered the same problem.... might return them.
Can these kicker skins be trimmed? My skis...
Can these kicker skins be trimmed? My skis are 59mm wide and am wondering if I can buy the 65mm and trim them. Thank you.
Yes you can. In fact, BD actually recommends that you trim the corners of this skin into a rounded profile for better skin retention whether or not you trim up the sides.
Perfect in every way! Lightweight. Easy to install. Amazing uphill traction! I use these on metal edge BC nordic skis. The the going gets steep, I just put these on and it's like walking on pavement. Great traction on packed snow to knee deep powder.