Strong, lightweight, and wicked-fast to set up.
Thanks to its innovative Z-Pole design, the Black Diamond Distance Trekking Pole provides hikers with improved stability that can be collapsed or deployed almost instantly. The Z-Pole design draws on technology developed for rapid deployment avalanche probes so you can enjoy pole support in a flash when you're trail running or pushing for a fast summit.
- 100% aluminum construction provides a low weight of just 12 ounces per pair
- Z-Pole speed cone deployment uses an interior KEVLAR® cord to allow you to instantly assemble the 3-section pole by pulling the grip and first shaft section away from each other
- Z-Pole system allows you to collapse the pole with a single push of a button
- Collapsed length of just 15.7 inches long (for the 120cm pole) provides compact packing
- EVA foam grips with moisture-wicking straps provide all day comfort and support
- EVA mini-grip extension allows you to quickly choke-up on the pole on steep sections of trail
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher keeps the sections secured while collapsed
- Includes both Flex Tech carbide tips and rubber tips
- Pole does not have fittings for snow or powder baskets
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought these poles mainly for their light weight and low price but was impressed by their overall durability. One pole broke in a fall coming down mount Washington when it got stuck in a crack but that was pretty extreme loads. The other pole made it through 700 miles on the AT in decent condition.
Some fellow hikers with these poles had problems with the handles getting stuck in the closed position where the two aluminum tubes slide over each other. A little oil in this area every now and again will keep this from happening.
In all, if you want poles that last forever, these probably aren't them but if your looking for light, reasonably durable poles these will fit the bill.