Word of advice.
Pack all your backcountry gear in Black Diamond's Dawn Patrol 32 Backpack the night before so you don't accidentally pack a Hawaiian shirt instead of an extra midlayer due to a sleepy daze. Prime for early morning backcountry excursions, the Dawn Patrol backpack boasts an active, form-fitting suspension that moves with you when you're booking it back to the car so you aren't late for work.
The Dawn Patrol carries snowboards vertically and skis diagonally or in an A-frame during bootpacks. A separate compartment stows avalanche safety gear, and the helmet carry tucks away during the descent. Black Diamond made this pack compatible with its Avalung Element and designed it with a back panel access so you can grab gear with skis attached to the pack. The insulated hydration sleeve and port protect your reservoir's water from freezing in low temps.
- Lightweight, mid-sized ski pack for backcountry skiing
- Active, form-fitting suspension moves with you
- Tuck-away diagonal and A-frame ski carry systems
- Vertical snowboard and ice tool PickPocket carry systems
- Separate compartment for avalanche safety gear
- Stowable helmet carry system
- Access to main compartment is possible with skis attached
- Insulated hydration sleeve and port protect reservoir from freezing
- Item #BLD00E0
- Q & A
Black Diamond does it again
I am continually impressed with the attention to detail with BD equipment. From the reinforced straps, locking straps, comfort, and easy access, this pack was designed and purposed with intent. Even after days of skiing in heavy snow my clothing inside the pack stayed dry without needing an additional water proof bag.
If you're looking for a day touring pack this set-up is equipped with all the essentials and then some this is it. The pack is high quality and worth the price.
Well designed. Great for day tours.