Rocker up front and snappy underfoot, this is a lightweight touring ski for the ladies.
Black Diamond makes its philosophy about women's skis pretty clear: a women's ski shouldn't be a watered-down version of a men's ski—the chassis should have an equal-performing design. With that in mind, the Women's Crescent Ski has proportional stiffness from tip to tail and a flex that offers all the available power a female backcountry skier will need. The Crescent snaps quick turns in tight terrain, planes up on top of deep snow, and feels light underfoot on the skin track and off. This is a touring ski for the ladies, and it doesn't leave anything on the design-room floor.
- Semi Rocker tip keeps the Crescent planing on top of soft snow, enables easier transition between turns, and lends the ski a more maneuverable feel in tight terrain
- Flat tail allows for a more powerful and complete turn exit, which gives you increased control on steep, fast, or technical terrain
- Paulownia wood core gives this ski the strength of poplar wood and the snappy responsiveness and ultralight characteristics of balsa wood
- Dual Torsion Bow construction evenly distributes load across the ski and toward the edges via a pair of ribs shaped into the core and top structural materials underneath the topsheet
- Torsion Box Cap construction combines torsion box and cap construction via fiberglass layers that wrap around the wood core like a burrito
- Torsion Box Cap construction increases torsional power for more secure edge hold, and this construction gives the ski a more energetic feel underfoot
- 90mm waist is wide enough to provide moderate flotation in deep snow, quick edge-to-edge, and a stable platform for carving powerful turns at high speed
- Racing Edge is thinner and lighter weight than the Power Edge used in Black Diamond's other Freetour skis
- Tail includes SkinLock attachment point that helps to keep the metal clip of your touring skin securely in place