As warm as they come.
In the bleakest hour of bitter cold conditions, there is a light—the Black Diamond Cold Forge Men's Hooded Down Jacket. The Cold Forge throws down serious warmth with a packable, low-bulk design, which makes it ideal for snowy and rock-bound pursuits. Primaloft Gold consists of 70% down and 30% synthetic insulation, so you get the lightweight, high-loft properties of down with the water-resistant warmth of synthetic—meaning you'll stay as warm in soggy conditions as you would on perfectly dry days. Even so, Black Diamond treated the Pertex face fabric and lining with a DWR treatment to repel water, because you don't want to get wet if you can avoid it.
The Cold Forge is also cut slightly longer than most of Black Diamond's jackets, so you'll have extra coverage against drafts, snow, and nasty alpine cold. A drawcord hem gives you a further draft-defeating boost, and the adjustable, helmet-compatible hood keeps you cozy whether you're skiing on a frigid January morning or hunkering down in a snow cave. Additionally, this season's edition is equipped with gusseted underarms, which directly translates into unimpeded, overhead mobility. Not to mention, the Cold forge is equipped with a bevvy of pockets that keep all of your small necessities or snacks close at hand.
- A versatile, hard-wearing insulated jacket for cold weather
- bluesign-approved Pertex exterior is lightweight and durable
- DWR treatment sheds light moisture and precipitation
- Synthetic insulation offers warmth even when wet
- Down insulation is RDS-certified
- Underarm gussets provide unimpeded, overhead mobility
- Bevvy of pockets keep necessities close at hand
- Hood is helmet-compatible and adjustable
- Item #BLD00JQ