Black Diamond's adjustable-length Carbon Probe Ski Pole pulls double duty by serving as a big-mountain ski pole and as an avalanche probe (the super-light, stiff lower shafts can screw together to form the probe). Drop into heavy lines with all the support you need, and, in case things turn extraordinarily heavy with an avalanche, you can feel good knowing that you have a probe immediately in hand.
- Carbon shaft material is ultralight but still stiff enough for big, heavy lines
- Lower shafts screw together to form a probe that you can use to locate burial victims in case of an avalanche
- 18mm upper and 16mm shaft diameters offer plenty of stiffness
- Freeride Series grip has dual-density rubber in the palm and an aggressive hooking shape for leveraging bars and buckles
- Longer grip-strap pull tab hangs open so it's easy to reach and manipulate with gloves on, and the wide strap evenly distributes forces across the hand
- FlickLock Pro allows you to adjust pole length with a simple flip of a tab which unlocks the lower shaft (flip the tab closed and lock the pole back in place)
- FlickLock Pro improves on the FlipLock design with a full stainless steel construction and lower profile shape, and the dual-axle design offers increased clamping leverage for security
- 100mm powder basket helps you easily push through deep days
Share your thoughts
These are the jam!
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
All-in-all Pretty sweet pole. Graphics are a bit intense, but quality of these go-getters is hard to beat. They feel super light and much stiffer than some of the other BD carbon touring pole offerings. The fliplock pro is a huge improvement over the past all-plastic fliplock. Haven't used the "probe" so no 5 star rating yet.