For skier or rider looking for just the basics.
The Black Diamond Bandit Winter Pack caters to the minimalist skier or rider who prefers to get to the point. Whether you're just ducking the gates or on a morning cat or heli tour, the Bandit keeps your basic avy essentials at the ready and quickly accessible.
- Zippered front-panel opening allows quick and full access to gear
- Exterior stash pocket holds smaller essentials at the ready
- Enclosed shovel and probe organization so you instantly know where your must-haves are
- Insulated hydration sleeve helps ensure that you stay fueled during the cardio burn on your tour
- Diagonal ski carry helps you handle boot-pack mornings with ease
- Only 2 pounds to help keep your overall gear weight down
Share your thoughts
Black Diamond Bandit Winter Pack
Good back country day pack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a good little day pack for backcountry outings if you are one of those who doesnt take much with you. It gets pretty tight after avy gear, a bladder, extra layer and lunch. I like that because I cant take too much! Note- I always carry my skins in my jacket. If you tried cramming them in on top of what I just listed, they would not fit. The "insulated hydration hose" deal works about as poorly as they all do in cold conditions. The avy gear is quick to get to with the internal partition and it carries skis well enough. The ski carry isnt why you buy this though. You want this pack because it skis really well and seems like its durable enough for many seasons.