Minimalist kit for backcountry skiing.
- In the event of a burial, an integrated AvaLung tech can draw fresh oxygen from the surrounding debris and deposits CO2 behind your back, buying your brain precious minutes while you wait for rescue
- Backpack contains a zippered front panel and internal probe and shovel storage compartments for easy access to your tools
- Insulated hydration sleeve helps prevent your beverage from freezing during your tour
- Diagonal ski and horizontal snowboard carry come in hand when you have to bootpack
- Rapid deployment stuffsack integrates with probe pull-cord for one-pull deployment
- Nonslip probe grip functions well even when you're wearing gloves
- Oversized alloy probe tip features a larger diameter than the probe shaft for easier probing
Share your thoughts
Do you just put the shovel and probe on...
Do you just put the shovel and probe on the bag or are there attachments? Can you add an alternate image of those items stowed on/in the pack?
You always store your avy tool in the bag so you don't lose them. there is a large pocket on the inside of the opening flap for the shovel and 2 slots for either probe or shovel handle in main compartment
This is a solid small pack, I like the addition of avalung, albeit I hope I never use it. The avalung and the purpose fitted shovel, probe and pack Made my decision to buy this combination.
Mates have larger packs and struggle on chair lifts. I can sit on the chair with this on my back. Very good.
Only issue I have is lack of internal pockets or structure to hold small items. I bought a dry sack for these.
The alpine guys reckon the shovel is too small, but, I have one!
It is definitely a day pack only
Great price on such a needful item for anyone going into the BackCountry.
Can the avalung in this be removed from...
Can the avalung in this be removed from the pack and slung around my chest and added to a dakine heli pro dlx?
No, it isn't removable for the purposes of using outside of the bandit pack. However BD does sell a stand alone sling called the AvaLung II Sling. It is not currently available on backcountry.com but you can find it on black diamonds website. You might want to live chat with BC.com and see if tey will be getting them in stock.
ok sweet thanks alot!! because putting it on my dakine heli pro dlx would be SWEET!!!
how does the horizontal board carry work...
how does the horizontal board carry work on the bandit pack ? seems to be nothing but a loop at bottom of the pack ...
There aren't any dedicated snowboard loops on this pack. The only way to carry a snowboard would be to place it between the back panel and your back with the base flat against your back and the bindings facing out. The pack is small enough to fit in between your snowboard bindings. You might want to check out the Dakine Heli 11L for a similar sized pack with a dedicated vertical snowboard carry option.
You guys gonna offer this again anytime...
You guys gonna offer this again anytime soon?
you will have to open a chat now window or call customer service at 800-409-4502. the people that answer questions on these threads do not have access to that information.
The package might be offered, but we currently are awaiting shipments of gear from BD.com, which is why many of these packs and items are not live on the site yet, sorry!